Thursday, November 28, 2013

Family

Some may find it hokey, but I do enjoy reading people's Facebook posts about what they are thankful for. This year, I am thankful for my wonderful and amazing life partner - my fiance', our sweet little budding family, our healthy little one who's trying so hard everyday to break out of the womb (she's so active in there!), and our loving and supportive families and friends.  Those are the top things on the list.  Of course, the list could be longer if I'd name every single thing.   

I was thinking of saving this post idea for Christmas, but it holds as much meaning today, on Thanksgiving, as it would at Christmas or Easter or any other "family" holiday.  My fiance' and I are in our mid-thirties.  This is our first child that we are expecting.  For over a decade, I exaggerate not, I dreamt of having a man like my fiance' as my life partner, having my own children, and spending the holidays with a large group of family and friends.  Having all of these dreams finally come true this year and last brings such  incredible feelings of warmth, happiness and love.  The ideal and idea of having my own family that I helped create is an indescribable one, but wonderful (that's just not a big enough word).  Whether you are a parent or grandparent or godparent, etc., I'm sure you can relate on some level. The family centered holidays hold so much meaning for me now, whereas before, Halloween and Mardi Gras were my favorites. 

I hope you all have a fabulous Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment