Sunday, April 5, 2020

Sunday Evening Post

It's hard to believe we are entering week four of this surreal life.  The learning from home is going pretty well.  Our girl loves that she gets to use the computer all the time, but sometimes her dad and I have scanning issues, like remembering to scan and submit her assignments.  There has only been one day so far that I felt that there was too much work assigned. 

The latest stay at home date of April 30 leaves only two weeks of the school year left before she would have her kindergarten graduation ceremony.  I will be surprised if schools reopen at all this school year, and wonder if the ceremony will be rescheduled at some point.  To be honest, none of us had kindergarten graduations and we were none the wiser.  Maybe the same will work out for this class.  The performance and ceremony for her Pre-K class were absolutely precious so we have that to look back on. 

Working from home is proving to be a constant challenge for me.  While it is awesome to remote into my desktop at the office, I think not having everything that I need in one place (that's also big enough to store and organize it) to do my job makes it that much harder to concentrate.  Also, when I'm at my office, I don't have a person who needs constant attention or help with something.  I do have an assistant who likes to chat, but she's an adult and doesn't feel it necessary to have a running commentary about life.  Yes, I'm being sarcastic, obviously, but also serious. 

All of that being said, the longer this goes on, the more my perspective changes (as I'm sure it does for all of us).  I would never have guessed this would last as long as it has; therefore, I did not plan ahead as far as supplies go.  We have not run out of toilet paper or anything like that, thankfully, but we will run out of flushable wipes and Lysol wipes before it's all over.  I also wish we had a box of disposable latex gloves - one reason is that I will be dying my hair pink this week and the stuff I ordered did not come with any!  The other reason is for when we have to run to the store, although I am grateful for the wipes that every store is providing at the entrances.  And I love getting to see our girl grow up mentally and physically.  She's an amazing little human!

No comments:

Post a Comment