Sunday, August 10, 2014

Baby's First Christmas

What do you give your own kid for their first Christmas outside the womb??? Grandparents and extended family will spoil her, no doubt, and our home is already bursting at the seams!  Plus, her birthday is in January!

Here are some suggestions we've gotten from friends, which we're taking into consideration: 

Savings bonds.  We've also read into 529 plans.  College, even at a public one, is going to be expensive and as the saying goes, "it's never too early to start saving".  

The rule of 4.  Give something she needs, wants, reads, and something to wear.  I've made her a list of books on Amazon (with some other things), she needs diapers, containers to put food in once she gets more into solids (which we assume she will be by Christmas), and ummm, I can't think of anything else at the moment.  By the time Christmas and her birthday get here, she'll need more clothes, but right now she's got tons and it's a point of contention between her dad and I (storing them, that is).  As for something she wants, well, she doesn't say actual words yet, so maybe closer to Christmas we'll have a clue.  She's already got a decent collection of stuffed animals and probably a blanket for each one of them.  

Somehow, when I was celebrating my first Christmas, I had lots and lots of huge boxes to unwrap (as I've seen in photos), so what in the world was I getting?  Sister-in-law and I hit up Home Goods the other day and got things started with gifts for the girls (my niece will be celebrating her first Christmas out of the womb, too!) - a musical toy, two board books, and a bath toy set for my girl - and I'm not telling what I got for my niece because I want it to be a surprise for her parents, too!

What did you get your kid(s) for their first Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment