Sunday, April 27, 2014

Bittersweet: the New Routine

Last Monday, I started back at work full-time.  We had a truly lovely weekend together as a family.  Fiance' was off Friday through Sunday, and we spent time with extended family, had a date night, saw old friends, and got dressed up and attended Easter Mass.  It was exactly the type of weekend I needed before completely changing our routine. 

Everything is different.  The physical place where I work is different because the other building is getting renovated; the drive to work is a totally different route because of where daycare is located (but I actually feel safer taking this new route); not spending the majority of everyday with my Sweet Pea has been an adjustment; the routine at home is different because so much time is spent getting ready for work, but thankfully it's not been as militant as I was anticipating.

We've survived the first week.  She's happy at daycare, so we're happy.  Some friends have said that I'll never get over leaving her everyday, others say it takes a few weeks to a few months.  Thankfully, I get lots of vacation time with federal holidays so time won't drag on too long before a day off pops up.

It's a good feeling knowing I'm contributing to our family's financial well-being again.  I know that was a bit stressful for fiance'; however, I'm so thankful we were able to afford me staying home with Little Love for twelve weeks, even though I was getting stir crazy for a bit in there.  It is so hard to leave her every day, but it is what it is. We'll eventually even things out with money as I start getting paid again. Being a parent really puts things in perspective.  Quality time with those I love is much more important to me than anything else in this world!

No comments:

Post a Comment