Friday, January 17, 2014

Quick Thoughts on Baby Showers

A party for my baby thrown by friends, family, coworkers that love you.  "Oh what fun!", you'll think.  Don't worry, I'm not going to be a sourpuss, but up until the actual event, it's not all roses.  The constant changing of dates, planning around everyone's schedules, colors/themes/decorations - oh my! Unnecessarily stressful.
Who to invite to which shower or at all.

Post showers - stuff EVERYWHERE!  Hardly anyone uses registry. Lots of clothes and hooded bath towels for gifts! Turned down lots of offers on clothes and baby things thinking we'd get them at the showers. Lucked out for the most part, but wish we'd have been less stressed/more open to hand-me-downs now knowing what we got/didn't get.  I am a clothes horse, so too will be our daughter (as I'm sure is the case for all girls).

Thank goodness for gift cards, though!!!  And the hand-me-downs we have gotten! and the generosity of excited grandparents!  And two anonymous gifts we have received from Target - just recently found out who sent them! Hooray!

Both showers ended up being fun, and we've gotten most of what we need and plenty of fun other items to start our daughter's life off on the right foot.  Thanks to all who planned, attended, sent us gifts, and love us and our new little family!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment