Saturday, December 14, 2013

Nesting

I'm sure at some point I heard the term, but I had to look it up once we were expecting to really get the gist.  Nesting is the urge or drive that many expectant mothers get, especially toward the end of pregnancy, to get everything in order before baby arrives. I definitely had spurts throughout the last seven months. It hasn't all been saved for now; however, I've read that at 33 weeks, it really kicks into high gear. I'll find out tomorrow when I begin my 33rd week.

To-do lists, even for small tasks and focusing on trivial things, like getting my fiance' lights for his special Christmas tree and exchanging them for the exact right kind (he was just happy to have a tree and lights, but I wanted it to be just right!), are symptoms I've been experiencing. Then there's keeping up with regular chores, plus being in the holiday spirit on top of everything else. There's baby stuff everywhere post showers, and I would love to start washing her clothes and blankets, but it will have to wait until I have more energy. Apparently, until they're toddlers, the baby things taking over is normal, then there will be toys everywhere.

It's frustrating not being able to do as much as my non-pregnant self, but again, my fiance' is wonderful, and as he reminded me this morning, getting rest is for a good cause.  He's got me on bed rest today while he's out running errands I planned to do.  We attended the Old Mandeville Sips of the Season last night, which was a great event, but I walked WAY too much.  It was painful.  A golf cart or wagon would've been wonderful to ride in!

No comments:

Post a Comment